Finding the right storage unit to meet your needs is only part of the storage process. Whether you are using storage for while you are relocating, deploying, remodeling or just wanting a little extra space around your home or office, how you store you items is important. Putting a secure lock on your storage unit is only one of several steps you should take in order to ensure that your belongings are stored safely and securely. Storing your items is simple and a great option as long as you take the time to do it in an efficient matter. Below, we’ve listed a few storage tips that we recommend:
· Make sure not to over stuff boxes with heavy items for they may be hard to carry. It is easier to pack heavy items in smaller boxes, lighter items in larger boxes.
· Get a heavy duty lock for your storage unit
· When packing breakables, make sure to wrap them in bubble wrap or packing paper so they don’t get broken in the moving and storing process.
· Never pack any food or items that may spoil in while in storage causing possible infestations.
· Check on your belonging often to make sure everything is being stored safely.